Monday, September 14, 2009

MUSIC VIDEO: LEGALISING

Getting hold of the record producers for Electric Light Orchestra was very difficult and require a lot of research. As the band are no longer together, it was difficult to find the record label which would hold the rights to the song. Eventually I managed to trace the song back to Sony Music BMG. The Website for Sony Music offers a "Contact Us" option for problems such as mine, as the screen shot shows below:

The Message I sent was as follows:


"I am a student of Victoria College Jersey, and am currently in my final year of my A Levels. For my media coursework, it is required to produce a music video for a song of our choice. I have chosen "Mr. Blue Sky" by Electric Light Orchestra, and due to the band no longer being together, I have had trouble finding the appropriate record label to contact for the legal use of the song, however have managed to trace it to Sony Music. My enquiry is this; Could you please point me in the right direction for finding legal approval for the use of the song, and if this is in fact the correct area to contact, I await your decision for approval.


Thank You"

No comments:

Post a Comment